Birmingham Sexual Harassment Attorney
Inappropriate sexual advances, offensive comments and other unwelcome behaviors occur commonly in many types of social situations. If they happen to you at work, though, there are things you can do to protect yourself and hold responsible parties accountable.
Various forms of sexual harassment are prohibited by federal law. In essence, sexual harassment is gender-related discrimination. In the context of work, it is an employer’s action or inaction that disrespects the rights of an employee with regard to his or her sex.
Examples Of Sexual Harassment
It is important to know what sexual harassment actually is and whether you should pursue a lawsuit in response to your experiences. Sexual harassment can involve:
- Sexual comments or jokes in the workplace
- Unwanted sexual advances by a superior, peer, customer or another third party
- The display of pornographic or sexually offensive images in the workplace
- Requests for sex in exchange for promotion, hiring or continued employment
- An abusive or hostile work environment that an employer creates, perpetuates or fails to properly address
- Retaliatory termination, demotion or mistreatment of an employee who refuses sexual advances.
Every situation is different. Serious concerns about harassment should be discussed with an employment law attorney. Attorney Brian O. Noble at Capstone Law, LLC, represents employees who have been harmed by sexual harassment. Brian can help you understand your rights and options if you have been harassed, regardless of your gender or standing as an employee. Brian can also explain the role played by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in dealing with harassment matters.
Alabama Employment Discrimination Lawyer
Do you believe you were discriminated against by your employer? Contact us to speak with an experienced Birmingham sexual harassment lawyer. There is no fee for an initial consultation.