America’s population arose from immigrants that came to the new world seeking relief from oppression and a fresh perspective on life. It’s hard to imagine what our nation would be like without these early pioneers, but it is safe to say that it would be different from the country we know today.
In the 21st century, skilled foreign workers still have much to offer our nation. For decades, business owners in and near Birmingham have understood the benefits workers from other countries add to the workplace. In many cases, immigrant workers are well-educated, have specialized training or skills and are ready to work hard for their employers.
Can you hire skilled foreign workers?
In most cases, yes, you can. Immigration law offers business owners a vital role in bringing skilled workers to America. Although you must complete several requirements when hiring foreign workers, most employers find it worth the effort. Our immigration law attorneys want to offer you a few tips to use if you need to hire one or more foreign workers.
- Create a plan to show the U.S. Department of Labor why you need an immigrant worker.
- Begin interviewing foreign candidates to fill your open position.
- Get started on meeting all government requirements early.
- Find out which work visa is best for your candidate (a lawyer can help).
- Prepare your company and your staff to welcome the immigrant worker.
If you need additional help, an immigration law professional can guide you step-by-step through the process of hiring skilled foreign workers. In the meantime, you can learn more about these and other immigration topics by continuing to explore our website.